Preface. Introductions. In the beginning.

Turning 30, getting married, being the biggest of my friends, being the biggest of my family, genuinely being so happy in my life with everything but my size/health/weight/food habits something had to give. After a family weekend away I decided to return to my comfort zone of Slimming World group. Having done it before with great success previously, knowing it works for me and just procrastinating over returning for too long a period of time, having gained all my weight back plus at least 2½ stone it was time to restart and make it a lifestyle choice this time and nothing else.

I'm 30, I'm knocking on, I'm coming around to the idea of having kids but I cannot be this size and continue to eat and snack the way I do. It's not the meals, I promise you I cook 85% of everything we eat from scratch and from scratch I mean I make pasta sauces, I make curries using Slimming World recipes I've used before! It's the snacks that get me and the skipping meals so if anything SW will keep me eating regularly AND stop me snacking or get me snacking right. I am not going to lie and tell you I'm a saint, we have the occasional takeaway I buy the 2 for £3 pasta and sauce from Tesco sometimes and I do like a drink sometimes, I am looking for the balance.

'So what's the blog for then girl just get on with it?' I hear you ask. The blog is for me, I used to blog when I was a teenager and I loved it, also I have a tendancy to cook things and not write down how I have done them so the blog is for recipes, motivation and progress updates. Hopefully others will enjoy the recipes too and this will run alongside my instagram account (seventypoundstogo).

Weigh In will be Monday at 0930 mostly and I will stay for group most weeks. Instagram will cover all my meals and the blog will cover the recipes, progress reports, and anything else. I am my own worst enemy because I've done it before so I have certain expectations for myself. I have bought a 4 month food diary from Retro From Scratch on Etsy when this is complete I hope to have lost (at least) 2½ stone.

Let's Do this shit.



Comments

Popular Posts